Woods Hole Internship 2021 for International Students:
International students from all over the world are invited to apply for this internship opportunity. This is an amazing fully-funded internship available to undergraduate international students in the fields of science or engineering including but not limited to the fields of biology, chemistry, engineering, geology, geophysics, mathematics, meteorology, physics, oceanography, and marine policy. Students must have at least a tentative interest in the ocean sciences, oceanographic engineering, or marine policy. Interns are selected based on their academic and scientific achievements and interests.
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution is the world’s leading, independent non-profit organization dedicated to ocean research, exploration, and education. Our scientists and engineers push the boundaries of knowledge about the ocean to reveal its impacts on our planet and our lives. It was founded in 1930 and is located at Woods Hole, Massachusetts, U.S.A. A wide range of topics related to ocean and earth science and marine policy; including interdisciplinary work related to the coastal ocean, ocean life, ocean exploration, and climate change are offered at this institution.
- Weekly Stipend: $650 per week for the 10-to-12-weeks’ program.
- Round-Trip Travel to Woods Hole and a travel allowance of around $700.
- Accommodation: Shared-Room in a shared-unit, with two single beds per room.
- Visa Assistance: International Students will assist interns in obtaining the necessary J-1 Visa paperwork.
- CV or Resume.
- A current unofficial transcript: PDF document.
- At least three letters of recommendation from professors. (Recommendation forms are available through the link on the References page.)
- A completed Course Record listing undergraduate coursework by subject category, a primary textbook used for each course, and the grade received for completing the course.
- Personal Statement.
- International Students with any Nationality are eligible.
- Third-year undergraduate students are eligible.
- Students who will graduate before the internship begins are not eligible to apply.
- Students in a three-year Bachelor’s Degree Program, like those in the UK, must be in their second year.
- Students in a five year combined Bachelor/Master’s Degree Program must be in their third year.
5th February 2021.
Candidates interested in participating in this internship program should kindly visit the official link below for more information and apply: