UN Women, in partnership with the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme, is excited to introduce the UN Women “Young Women Leaders” (YWL) initiative. The YWL initiative will engage a diverse cohort of young women from the Global South who are committed to gender equality and women’s empowerment and to the mission and work of the United Nations. It will also allow the sharing of experiences among young leaders from diverse backgrounds across UN Women and further enhance diversity in UN Women’s personnel.
As part of the Young Women Leaders initiative, UN Women and UNV will recruit the first cohort of 10 young, talented and dedicated women to serve at UN Women’s headquarters as UN Youth Volunteers. While participating in a structured professional development programme, the YWL participants will be mentored by leaders in their respective fields of expertise. They will have the opportunity to contribute to gender equality and women’s empowerment and become part of a network of young leaders at UN Women.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent education – Additional Comments:
Bachelor’s degree (with two years of experience) or Master’s degree (with minimum one year of experience) in a related field is required:
- Administration –Business & Administration
- Communications & Advocacy –communications, public relations, journalism
- Partnership & Resource Mobilization –economics, business management, social sciences, public administration, international relations, communications, women’s studies
- Strategic Planning –international development or public administration, economics
- UN Coordination –international development, public administration, public policy, or other social science
- Policy Support – social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development
Required experience: 12 MonthsExperience remark:
Demonstrated commitment to Gender Equality and 1 year of experience with Master’s Degree; 2 years of experience with Bachelor’s Degree.Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Other development programme/project experienceArea of expertise details:
- Knowledge of gender equality and women’s rights issues;
- Strong IT literacy in standard applications is mandatory (Excel, Word, PowerPoint,etc)
- Analytical and interpersonal skills
Fluency in spoken and written English is required. Working knowledge of another UN Official language (e.g. Arabic, French, Spanish) is desirable.