Standard Chartered Women in Tech Incubator Program 2020 For Ghanaian Female Entrepreneurs:
The Standard Chartered Women in Tech incubator is specifically designed to provide business incubation support for women-led or women-owned businesses that leverage technology.
The project, currently running in Kenya, Nigeria, UAE, and Pakistan, aims to promote more diversity of thought and innovation in the technology sector and provide more opportunities for women applying technology in their operations to develop entrepreneurial excellence.
The programme comprises business advisory and financial interventions, including: GCIC’s highly acclaimed (i) High-Value Mini MBA program, (ii) Women Entrepreneurs’ Transformation Programme, (iii) opportunities to pitch for and secure financial grants for scaling up their business, and (iv) access to portfolio managers.
Initiated by Standard Chartered Bank Ghana, in partnership with the Ghana Climate Innovation Centre, the SC Women in Tech business incubator will run for a duration of 9 months
Benefits of the Programme
- Access to business guidance and resources for business development.
- Skills development opportunities like world-class entrepreneurship classes, workshops, and other business training opportunities.
- Opportunity to tap into a strong network of business partners and peers with whom you can consult, collaborate, learn, and grow.
- Specialised mentoring support from seasoned entrepreneurs and experienced professionals.
- Access to funding opportunities such as grants for the top five finalists, greater access to investors, and financial guidance.
- Month 1: Call for applications and induction
- Month 2 – 4: Skills Development and Women Entrepreneurs’ Transformation Programme (WETP)
- Month 5- 8: Portfolio Management and Board Fellows programme (mentorship)
- Month 9: Grant pitches & Awards and Graduation
For more fully funded international scholarships and other Opportunities Join Us On Telegram, Facebook, Twitter
To qualify, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Founded or co-founded by a Ghanaian woman above 18 years, with an equal or majority stake
- Be a tech start-up or applying technology in your operation
- At least 12 months in operation
- Ghana-based business aligned to the needs of Ghanaians or those operating in Ghana
- Key persons of the business must be available to undertake the incubation programme