Applicants are invited to apply for the Standard Chartered Bank Paid Internship Programme 2021. The internship is a 10 weeks program, and are opened to candidates who are available to start on the banks full-time graduate programme in September 2022. The intenship takes place during June – August depending on applicants location.
The Bank recruit Interns for the following business areas:
- Commercial Banking
- Global Banking
- Transaction Banking
- Financial Markets
- Corporate Finance
- Retail Banking
- Wealth Management
- Information Technology and Operations
- Risk and Compliance
- Group Chief Financial Officer Functions
- All interns will join a Standard Chartered country induction, receiving a welcome to the Bank.
- During the internship, interns will be exposed to the inner workings of our business to provide real work experience.
- Interns will be paired up with a buddy from the International Graduate Programme to set you up for success during your internship and provide you insights into what could be your next role as an IG.
- High performing Interns will be eligible for placement in the Bank’s International Graduate Programme.
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in the country for which you’re applying for the full duration of the internship (student visas or holiday work passes are allowed, provided they are valid for the duration of the internship).
- If candidates are applying for a role in the UAE, they may consider applications from nationals of Middle Eastern and North African countries.
- Interns must be in their penultimate (second to last) year of study. They will accept internship applications from final year students who are required to complete mandatory National or Military service after graduation.
- The Bank does not sponsor work permits for the purposes of Internships.
- Candidates need to be able to speak business-level English. Being able to speak more than one language would be an advantage.