Deadline: 28 NOVEMBER 2022
Kenya Affordable Housing Program (AHP) Pre Qualification Of Panel Of Experts
The Government of Kenya (GoK) has committed to deliver a series of ambitious social programs to promote long-term economic development for Kenyan citizens through Affordable Housing.
This Affordable Housing Program (“AHP”) will facilitate the development for 250,000 low-cost homes, together with the supporting infrastructure, using innovative funding mechanisms and technologies). The State Department for Housing and Urban Development (“SDHUD”) is championing the realization of the AHP through establishment of a robust project delivery and financing framework that will leverage on private sector funding.
SDHUD intends to establish a Panel of Experts in the following areas:
- Legal consultant and
- financial advisory consultants.
Which will provide a pool of qualified, highly reputable and experienced consultants to support project delivery.
SDHUD now invites firms, or an association thereof, to participate in the pre-qualification of the Panel of Experts who will be retained for a period of thirty-six (36) months, without commitment.
Interested firms are required to provide the following information demonstrating their capabilities and availability of expertise:
- Summary statement indicating core competence of the firm/association;
- List of similar assignments successfully completed in the last five (5) years including provision of relevant technical advice related services in their area of expertise on housing projects and development of human settlements (provide details of client, country, sector, estimated project cost, duration of services, and description of service rendered among others);
- Experience in providing advisory services related to housing projects and development of human settlements, preferably in Kenya or Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Names and contact details of at least three (3) clients in respect of similar project in the last five (5) years for reference checking purposes;
- Names and CVs of key experts; and
- Any other details which will enable the SDHUD to assess the relevant experience of the firm or association.
The Request for Pre-qualification of Proposals for Panel of Experts, along with all the related instructions for pre-qualification for each category of experts, are now available on the SDHUD website at http://www.housingandurban.go.ke/tenders/.
SDHUD may release updates, clarifications, modifications or amendments. Interested parties are advised to consult the SDHUD for any clarifications, inquiries and questions in writing via email to [email protected].
Interested firms are advised to submit 1 original hard copy and soft copy in PDF format during opening of proposals for pre-qualification which is a replica of the original bid document to the tender box at:
THE PRINCIPAL SECRETARY STATE DEPARTMENT FOR HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT 6TH FLOOR, ARDHI HOUSE 1st NGONG AVENUE, OFF NGONG ROAD P.0 Box 30119-00100, NAIROBI, KENYA Tel: +254-20-2713833 • Email: [email protected]
no later than 12:00pm, Nairobi time, 28. November, 2022. Late submissions shall not be accepted. SDHUD reserves the right to shortlist or not shortlist any or all applicant(s), to annul the pre-qualification process, and to reject all submissions at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected firm/association.