At Hach, we ensure water quality for people around the world, and every associate plays a vital role in that mission. Our founding vision is to make water analysis better—faster, simpler, greener and more informative. We accomplish this through teamwork, customer partnerships, passionate experts, and reliable, easy-to-use solutions.
As part of our team, you’ll make an immediate, measurable impact on a global scale by enabling the world’s everyday water needs. You’ll also belong to a respectful and collaborative community that fosters career growth and professional development. You’ll be supported by resources that make a positive difference in your life because, at Hach, we value your authenticity and want your talents to shine.
Hach is proud to be one of Danaher’s Water Quality companies. Motivated by the highest possible stakes of climate change and global health, we’re working together within a rapidly digitizing industry to find innovative technologies that guarantee the safety of our water and our environment.
An amazing career opportunity is now available for a Director, Global Training with Hach. If you have (1) a history of strong leadership and experience steering a team through organizational changes, (2) a reputation for translating strategy into business outcomes, and (3) adult learning and delivery experience, this could be the opportunity for you!
This position will be in Hach’s primary offices located in either Loveland, Colorado or Dusseldorf, Germany.
What Will I Be Doing?
The Director, Global Training is responsible for developing and implementing a growth and delivery strategy to ensure outstanding customer experiences and high-quality best in class face-to-face customer training for global customers and internal technical teams. This is a key member of the regional leadership team, reporting directly to the VP of Global Service. Functional organizations reporting into this role will include the Sr Manager of New Content Creation and Sr Manager of Training and Operations.
Essential duties and responsibilities will also include:
- Leadership in Policy Deployment workstreams, enabling breakthrough strategies, and strengthening competitive advantage.
- Responsibility for training portfolio strategy, roadmap, content creation, execution, and delivery for a broad base of internal and external customers.
- Member of Senior Global Service Leadership team responsible for strategy development and execution across all aspects of customer journey.
- Utilize Lean principles to drive revenue growth, margin expansion, workflow improvements, cost control, and reduced onboarding ramp rates.
- Ensure sustainable standard work and implementation of best practices to improve key metrics.
- Partner globally and regionally with Sales, Service, R&D, and Marketing as a cohesive commercial engine to achieve growth and revenue targets.
- Responsible for talent acquisition and development by establishing diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture and recruitment practices.
What Qualifications Do I Need?
- Strong leadership capabilities, experience, and passion for talent development.
- Understands the complexity of business needs and decision drivers within an organization. Must be able to consider available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances, and probable consequences, and distill these into concrete recommendations.
- Experience navigating large, complex, and geographically dispersed teams. You can work and influence at all levels of the organization and in a both a regional and global environment.
- Eager and willing to lead change and experimentation to improve customer experiences. You are resilient, courageous, and have a track record of driving change and achieving results.
- Highly organized with the ability to adapt and be creative to solve problems.
- Ability to travel up to 25%, including international travel.
What Will Make Me Stand Out?
- You have previously developed and executed a strategy to commercialize/sell training and generate value-add content for customers.
- You possess certification in Change Management methodology or are experienced in the use of Lean continuous improvement tools (problem solving, standard work, root cause analysis, voice of the customer, etc.).
- You have previous experience fostering “followership” while leading and guiding a team through major changes in organizational structure and job philosophy.
What Are The Benefits?
- Competitive salary with benefits starting your first day (medical/dental/vision), 401(k) with company matching, and annual performance bonus.
- You will work in a collaborative culture that values a diverse set of backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a good sense of partnership.
- This is a great opportunity to have a meaningful and rewarding impact on your local and global community – talk about feeling good about what you do!
The annual salary for this role is $180,000 to $210,000 USD. This is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for bonus pay.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical / dental / vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees. You can apply for this role through the Careers Page at https://jobs.danaher.com/global/en/ (or through the Workday “Find Jobs” function if you are a current employee).
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company’s sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.