After your organization submits your application package through srd.sassa.gov.za, you can check the progress of your application. The Check Application Status page contains a list of all applications submitted by your organization. Depending on your role and access level, you may only be able to see applications you’ve worked on. The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) is responsible for distributing the R350 grant to vulnerable individuals to improve their standard of living.
Once an application enters the federal funding agency’s initial review process, the applicant must use that agency’s system to track further progress or status.
How to Check Application Status
- Log in to Grants.gov.
- Click the Check Application Status link, which appears under the Grant Applications heading in the Applicant Center page. This will take you to the Check Application Status page.
- Enter search criteria and a date range to narrow your search results.
- Click the Search button. To review your search results in Microsoft Excel, click the Export Detailed Data button.
- Review the Status column. For more information, read the Application Statuses table below.
- Review the Actions column:
- Click the Details link to view more detailed submission information.
- Click the Related Submissions link (if available) to view a list of submissions associated with the same funding opportunity package. Read the Related Submissions help article to learn more.
Below are descriptions of the application statuses. This is used to describe the progress of your application after it has been submitted through the Grants.gov system.
|Receiving||The application has not yet been received by Grants.gov, but is processing normally, and is waiting in the queue to be received by Grants.gov.|
|Received||Grants.gov has received the application, but the application is awaiting validation.|
|FIFReceived||The application has been received by Grants.gov and is awaiting validation.|
|Packaging Process||The application is still being processed and will be validated within the next 48 hours by Grants.gov.|
|Processing||The application has been received by Grants.gov and has begun checking the application for errors.|
|Validated||Grants.gov validated the application and it is available for the agency to download.|
|Rejected with Errors||Grants.gov was unable to process your application because of an error(s) and cannot accept the application until you correct the error(s) and successfully resubmit the application. You will receive email providing the errors with the application.|
|Received by Agency||The agency has confirmed receipt of the application package.|
|Agency Tracking Number Assigned||The agency has assigned an internal tracking number to your application. This is the last status that Grants.gov tracks. Updates beyond this must be checked with the agency directly. Note: All agencies do not assign tracking numbers. If you do not see an agency tracking number, this does not infer that the agency did not receive or process your application. The assignment of tracking numbers is based on the policy of a particular agency.|
|Purged||The application has been on the system for 5 years or more and has been purged from the system. Note: The application purge period was increased from 180 days to 5 years on October 20, 2015, so all applications submitted on or after April 22, 2015 will be stored for 5 years. All applications submitted before April 22, 2015 have been deleted under the previous 180 day purge period.|