The Ashden Awards boost outstanding climate solutions. For more than 20 years our awards have backed radical ideas delivering lower emissions and a fairer world, with grants and development support on offer to winners and finalists.
Now, in a pivotal year for the future of our planet, we want to hear about your bold and brilliant work. Entry to the awards is free, and applications close on Wednesday 3 March. Winners receive a prize of up to £20,000 and a package of support.
This year’s award categories include greener communities, energy access, green skills, natural climate solutions, sustainable cooling and more. Some categories focus on the UK, and others cover work in low- and middle-income countries. Businesses, public bodies and charities can all apply.
Winners receive a prize of up to £20,000 and a package of supports.
- Businesses, NGOs, government organisations, social enterprises and community groups are all eligible. Work must be currently available to clients, customers or beneficiaries.
- The Ashden Awards for green skills and green communities are open to work in the UK.
- The Ashden Award for climate innovation in the UK is open to work in Britain and Europe – but European applicants must spend the prize money bringing their work to the UK.
- The five remaining awards are only open to work in low- and middle-income countries, as defined by the World Bank – find a full list here.
- The natural climate solutions award focuses on solutions in the Amazon basin, Congo Basin and South East Asian rainforest.
How To Apply:
- Apply in English using our online application portal here.
- To apply in French, Spanish or Portuguese, email email@example.com and request a form in the relevant language.
The deadline for applications is 3 March 2021, and winners will be announced in Autumn 2021.