Application is opened for the Afya Bora Consortium Fellowship In Global Health Leadership 2021. The Afya Bora Consortium Fellowship will provide applicants with practical skills in leadership for them to take positions in government, academic health institutions and non-governmental bodies in developing countries.
The Afya Bora Consortium Fellowship In Global Health Leadership 2021 is a partnership between five African and four United State Universities. The program will last for a period of 9 months.
The Afya Bora Consortium Fellowship has two components:
- Distance learning modules.
- A mentored, project-base assignment to an attachment site at academic, local government, or non-governmental health organizations in partner African countries.
- Each successful applicant will be provided with a monthly stipend.
- Applicant will be paired with a dedicated mentor.
- Applicant must be a citizen of permanent resident of Botswana, Cameroon, Kenya, Tanzania, or Uganda.
- Medical applicants need to have a M.D. or MBChB with MMed or Master’s degree in related field.
- Nursing applicants need to have a Master’s degree in nursing, public health or related field (PhD preferred), or substantial work experience.
- Other public health professionals must have a Doctoral degree in public health or a related field.
In order to complete your application for the 2021 fellowship year please submit the below items by October 9, 2020.
1. Application for Training (this online form)
2. Statement of Training Objectives (uploaded to this online form)
3. CV or Resume (uploaded to this online form)
4. Two Recommendation Forms (emailed to email@example.com). Further detailed instructions are in the Letter of Recommendation section of the application.