SASSA Status Check, What is the R350 Reconsideration Process?
The reconsideration process is where they double-check the personal details and income status to make sure they are vulnerable individuals. There has recently been announcements of delays in the processing of reconsideration requests due to the longer time periods in communicating with the banks and financial institutions. Remember, in order to receive the covid-19 grant you must not be receiving any other government covid-19 response support.
How do I have my R350 Grant reconsidered?
If you see your Covid-19 SRD R350 grant application status as ‘Reapplication Pending’ then you should follow the below steps to dispute your R350 grant status:
- Go to the SRD portal: https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- Click on the ‘Application for Reconsideration’ tab
- Then select ‘Click here to apply for reconsideration’
- Provide your ID number and cellphone number
- Complete the rest of the steps for reconsideration of your payment