Application is opened for individuals to apply for the Activate Fellowship Cohort 2021. Selected fellows will receive a yearly living stipend of $80,000 to $110,000 plus a health insurance stipend and travel allowance. This enables them to focus on their project full-time. Each project also receives $100,000 of research support at the host laboratory.
Every year, Activate Fellowship selects a cohort of entrepreneurial scientists and engineers from around the world to be fellows. For two years these innovators embed in a world-class research institution, where they are supported with funding, mentorship, education, and connections with our network of industry leaders, investors, and philanthropists.
The goal is simple: empower fellows to mature their ideas from concept to first product, while positioning them to align with the most suitable commercial path to bring their technology to scale.
- CHEMICALS & FUELS
- DEFENSE & AEROSPACE
- INDUSTRIAL BIOTECHNOLOGY
- ELECTRONICS & COMPUTING
- ELECTRIC POWER & STORAGE
- MATERIALS & MANUFACTURING
- WATER, FORESTRY, AGRICULTURE
- Must have a bachelor’s degree and 4+ years post-baccalaureate scientific research, engineering, or technology development experience.
- Must be proposing a project based on an innovation in the physical or biological sciences, or related engineering disciplines.
- Must not have raised more than $2,000,000 in debt or equity funding from non-governmental sources for the proposed project.
Interested applicants must check the official Activate Fellowship site to apply.